Enhance Your Workforce
Workforce development is one of the biggest needs in manufacturing today. FASTLANE understands that finding, training, and retaining your workforce is critical to the growth, competiveness and sustainability of your business. The ability to beat your competition is closely tied to your people and your capacity to deliver great customer experiences. We offer creative solutions to enhance your talent management. We work to save you time by keeping up to date on what’s available, conducting research, getting questions answered. By combining our in-depth knowledge of local businesses, clear industry insights, and partnerships with local education providers, we create strategic individualized solutions for our clients.
Our strategic direction includes:
- Work to grow the highly skilled future workforce needed for advanced manufacturing in Ohio.
- Address the current skills gaps to quickly transition individuals into manufacturing careers.
FASTLANE can assist with:
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Internship & Co-op Programs
- Employee Attraction and Retention
- Leadership Development
- Manufacturing Certification
- Professional Development
- Career Advocacy
- Find a grant to help with training needs
Professional Development Programs/Training: We work with our network to provide solutions to workforce challenges. We are your resource to find training grants available through the state of Ohio.
- Full-time Internship Program: students work 40 hours/week and do not attend classes during the semester.
- Part-time Internship Program: students generally work 15-20 hours and continue to attend some classes. Types of internship and co-op programs available:
- Student Contract Program: students work at the employer’s location up to 20 hours per week while taking classes or 40 hours per week while not attending classes. The student is placed on the University’s payroll and insurance program.
- Co-op: students work for the same employer for multiple semesters, usually rotating a semester of classes with a semester of work.
- Career Awareness Outreach
- Speak to Middle School and High School Students
- Manufacturing career success stories
- Manufacturing Day Support
- Partnering with the DRMA
- Manufacturing Day Committee
- Workforce Development Advisory Committee
- Growing the Workforce Pipeline Committee
- Dream It Do It
- Volunteer for
- Ohio Robotics – Extreme Bot
- Tech Prep Showcase (Sinclair, Miami Valley TechPrep Consortium)
- Volunteer for