Who is FASTLANE:
FASTLANE is a team of specialized manufacturing and engineering consultants, solving technical challenges, and delivering innovative solutions to increase the competitive advantage of manufacturers throughout the greater Dayton region.
FASTLANE is West Central Ohio’s Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) affiliate located within the University of Dayton Research Institute as the Manufacturing Technology Solutions Accelerator Office. MEP was created by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) to help small and medium manufacturers become more innovative; hence, drive economic growth and job creation.
The FASTLANE team does this by moving quickly to find solutions through leveraging the right resources and removing barriers to deliver results. We act as an unbiased third party adviser/project manager to small and medium-sized manufactures to help whittle down the “I want to do” list. This list often consists of product development, improvement ideas, training, etc. These projects are often delayed simply because the focus is on getting the product out the door on time with excellent quality and on budget, leaving the important but not urgent ignored. By helping get these projects off the ground FASTLANE is able to help manufacturing companies accelerate their growth and profitability. Read more about our story and how it all began.
How it Works:
Our Manufacturing Growth Specialists (MGS) act as Third Party Advisors and Project Managers to help you get projects done faster.
- Introduction Meeting:
- Face-to-face meeting, tour your facility and listen to and understand your growth challenges
- Vet Opportunities:
- Summarize observed/discussed challenges and identify priorities
- Define project(s) scope of work/timing
- Vet possible solution providers (i.e. source/cost/timing etc.)
- Develop a Plan:
- Develop a measurable, budgeted plan with milestones
- Project Manage:
- Monitor milestone accomplishment
- Track company success and economic impact for Ohio
Who We Serve:
FASTLANE is the west-central Ohio MEP affiliate. West-central Ohio is defined as these 8 counties (also pictured below): Shelby, Darke, Miami, Campaign, Clark, Preble, Montgomery, and Greene. We service small to medium manufacturing and some engineering/technology companies. The complete list of NAICS codes we serve can be found below.
NAICS Codes We Serve
- Manufacturing: 31, 32, or 33
- R&D: 541711 or 541712
- Metal Service Centers and Other Metal Merchant Wholesalers: 423510
- Packing and Crating: 488991
- Engineering Services: 541330
- Testing Laboratories: 541380
- Packaging and Labeling Services: 561910
- Commercial and Industrial Machinery and Equipment (except Automotive and Electronic) Repair and Maintenance: 811310