Structures and Materials Assessment, Research and Testing (SMART) Lab
The SMART Lab is a state-of-the-art high-bay lab providing maximum flexibility and capability to conduct multi-axial fatigue and static strength testing of aircraft, automotive, and commercial components, equipment, and materials.
- Ground-level truck access, 30-foot vertical clearance, and 10-ton overhead crane to facilitate large article handling
- 20’ x 20’ x 10’ deep pit to accommodate extra tall test setups or below-grade anchor/actuation
- 12’ x 36’ anchored T-slotted bedplate to support custom, multi-axial test setups
- Inventory of linear and rotary actuators with mounts and fixtures suited to multi-axis testing from 5 to 500,000 pounds of load
- Six-station MTS FlexTest GT supervisor for multi-axis control and data collection
- Auxiliary transducers, conditioners, data loggers, custom controllers